Left Hand Valley Courier - All Local, All The Time

The Story Behind the Name: Fire House Museum

 

Photo/Flyers courtesy of Niwot Historical Society

With the Fourth of July fast approaching, it seems a fortuitous time to talk about the history of the Niwot firehouse.

In 1910, concern about fire protection prompted Niwot citizens to acquire a firehose handcart and build a simple frame shed to house it. The firehouse was erected close to the street, on an undeveloped lot between the Niwot State Bank (now Porchfront Homes) and the Livingston H...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 08/05/2022 23:31