Contact: [email protected]
P. O. Box 354
Niwot, CO 80544-0354 United States
E-mail: [email protected]
Niwot was named for Chief Niwot, an Arapaho leader, whose people were hunting and fishing along the Front Range when the first gold miners arrived here in 1858. Niwot is situated in the valley bounded by Left Hand Creek and Gunbarrel Hill. Te railroad tracks were laid in 1873 and Niwot was platted on both sides of the tracks in March 1875.
The Niwot Historical Society's mission is to preserve, collect, and protect the history of Niwot, the surrounding area, and Chief Niwot through the preservation of artifacts relating to their history. The Society encourages the preservation of resources through publications, programs, workshops, the Now&Then Lecture Series and related activities bringing people together who are interested in the history of the Niwot area.
Niwot Historical Society is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization qualified under Section 501(c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are tax deductible. Membership and volunteers are always welcome and appreciated with complete information on our website.